Monday, September 1, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie: Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters

I'm a serial batter eater. Usually I taste a batter and think to myself, "mmm yummy". When I was making these cookies I was knocked out when I went for that first just-mixed lick. I have never been so surprised by a taste as I was with these cookies. I even semi-cussed out loud. And then I felt guilty for almost saying a bad word over such a wholesome treat. I had no idea the cinnamon would add such a kick. These are great peanut butter, oatmeal cookies with a decadent twist.

I made these for a friend's birthday bbq (his favorite cookies are peanut butter, chocolate chip, so it was a perfect opportunity). Thanks to Stefany for choosing such a kick-ass cookie. You can check out the other TWDer's cookies right here.




My mixer whizzing away...



Some Merlot, and the view from my kitchen just makes these cinnamon, peanut butter, oatmeal, suckers that much better!

7 comments:

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Ha ha, love the mixer with the glass of wine! Such a cute pink on your KA. Mine is butter yellow. So appropriate now that I'm using tons o butter on baking. Glad your cookies were such a hit. Boy that dough was really tasty...
Nancy
The Dogs Eat the Crumbs

Cristine said...

The cinnamon surprised me, too! And we have matching KA mixers!

Lori said...

a pink KA and a glass of wine -- who needs anything else!

Teanna DiMicco said...

I am a serial batter eater as well! Such trouble!!!

Prudy said...

Love your mixer and your cookie jar. Cookies look great!

Prudy said...

Love your mixer and your cookie jar. Cookies look great!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

It's me again. I've passed on a blog award to you - check out my blog :)