Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie: Granola Grabbers


I really debated doing this week's Tuesday's with Dorie. I've been feeling pretty desert-ed out after licking so many bowls and spatulas with all the baking I've been doing (fulfilling my mom's orders for her work meetings with batch after batch of blueberry muffins and biscotti). Also, thinking of all the ingredients that I would have to buy and my complex about the amount of baked goods I bring in to work. But I had an afternoon off due to a sick-day and remembered all those cute scoop bins of ingredients at Whole Foods I never dig into because they overwhelm me. So, I bucked up and made me some Granola Grabbers! (I should have taken a picture of all my cute little Karleen-half batch of cookie sized baggies of ingredients.)



Because it's Dorie, and we just met I stuck to the ingredients exactly, even though I was very tempted in that isle of deliciously-filled scooping bins. I used nutty granola, raisins, peanuts, pecans, coconut, and wheat germ. I think next time I'll definitely go for some vanilla or pumpkin granola and dried cherries or strawberries rather than raisins.


All lined up and ready for the oven!


Did anyone else's cookies bubble like a mad-scientist experiment?? Next time I won't pat them down like Dorie suggests.


Ta-DAH! I really like these cookies because they're still sweet, but in a very subtle, edible way. They turned out much better than oatmeal/wheat germ-ish, "healthy" cookies I've tried in the past. They're not my favorite, but totally addictive. Mine taste like peanut butter, oatmeal cookies and I never thought I would have loved whole peanuts in a cookie. I will have a lot more fun with this recipe in the future thanks to all the yummy possibilities I found at Whole Foods. Maybe vanilla granola with yogurt chips and dried cherries?? Kudos to Michelle from Bad Girl Baking for choosing this fun, healthy-ish recipe :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked them. They are definitely made for variation of all kinds.

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

They look good!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Isn't it nice when things turn out to be a pleasant surprise? These cookies are amazingly versatile depending on what you throw in - have fun experimenting!
Nancy

Jules Someone said...

Delicious and fun. Woo hoo!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Have fun experimenting -- these cookies are made for it!