Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baking Blog: The Beginning

I can't stop baking. This spring I even packed 5 dozen cookies in my carry-on bag leaving about just enough room for my toothbrush and a shirt when I went to visit my old HSM 29 pals. I show my affection with baked goods. And after going through a crazy insurance season at my new grown-up office job, baking is the one activity that reminds me how to take my time and I relax. Now that I have my new pink KitchenAid mixer this obsession has reached a whole new level. After months and months of google-ing recipes and cooking tips I decided I finally needed to start a baking blog of my own. I'm really good at making some things, and still learning with others. Here's the start of the documentaion of my baked good adventures. I'll mess up a lot, and it might not always look pretty, but there is for sure going to be a lot of tasty recipes.

Here's a pic of my new mixer in all of it's pink glory. The first thing I made with it was Kahlua-Chocolate Cupcakes at my mom's house as soon as we got it from the store. (They're wrapped up in the foil). It's good to bake with my mom because she always has things to teach me. She showed me how to make a killer meringue for the cupcake batter. I don't have the recipe, but I'll have to make sure to get it next time I take a visit home because they were delicious!




Peanut-Butter Chocolate Chip cookies were next. I took them to work in a pink Victoria's Secret box and they were a hit! The recipe was straight out of the KitchenAid mixer book and I just added the chocolate chip part. Everything's better with some chocolate chips.

No comments: