Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Too Sick for Baking :-(

Wow- I am sick. Fever- everything hurts-sick. I had to forfeit this week's TWD. I tried to make this weeks Carmel-Peanut Topped Brownie Cake. I really did. I even bought all the ingredients while getting a million prescriptions filled at the grocery store. Instead of peanuts for the toppings, I got peanut-caramel-chocolate cluster candy things to chop up. Ewwww even the thought of all that food is challenging my stomach's stability right now. The thought of baking, or eating, or looking at food has been way too much for my body to handle for the past week. I haven't even been able to bring myself to look at how the other bloggers did with their cake. So, in lieu of being a lame, sick non-TWD-ing girl here are a few random baking-related pics that will hopefully make up for my lack of a carmel-topped brownie cake:


"Our cupcakes are better than sex." How great are these business cards??

Aren't these cookies gorgey?? A family friend of ours makes these as well as real wedding cakes. They were the favors for my brother's shower customized in their colors. And they taste amazing too!
German Apple Pancakes. My very favorite food. Ever. My dad made these for the shower brunch. Honestly, I'm afraid to try to make them myself because my dad = these pancakes. Whenever I used to come home from a long trip, or tour, or show, or something these would always be ready for me in the kitchen.

And now I'm going to get some rest with my new pal Codeine....

3 comments:

Bungalow Barbara said...

Oh, too bad! Hope you feel better soon!

Kayte said...

I love the title of your blog...everyone calls us the Cleavers, I have two sons, etc. I am sorry to hear you were ill. I hope that ends soon. Great photos...love the picture of the German Apple Pancake. Will check in next week to see how you are doing!
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Your dad's pancake sounds fantastic. I make a German apple pie that's pretty good and a baked Dutch baby pancake, so I'm imagining a combination of the two! I hope you feel better by now.
Nancy